Landscape photography workshops in Minca Colombia ( 1 day / 1 night )
In these landscape photography workshops, I invite you to come with me in Minca, Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta, to learn different techniques. The workshop will take place in the permaculture farm of Mundo Nuevo, which is also a very good hostel in Minca. There, I will teach you the theory of composition in landscape photography. Later, we will put in practice our lesson with an incredible sunset from the hostal’s mirador. During the night, if climatic conditions allows us, I will show you how to take incredible night photos. In the second day, early in the morning we will go to Marinka waterfall where we will learn how to take photographies in long exposure. So in these landscape photography workshops we will cover 3 different techniques but also very complementary.
Landscape photography workshops in Minca : the program
- 10h00 : Departure from Santa Marta to Minca
- 11h00 : Transportation in Moto Taxi from Minca to Mundo Nuevo
- 11h30 : Installation in the hostal and visit of the place.
- 13h00 : Lunch and vegetarian meal.
- 14h00: Start of the theoretical claa of 2 hours of landscape photography
- 16h00 : Break to refresh your mind and enjoy the place.
- 17h00 : Start of the practical class of landscape photography at the mirador.
- 19h00 : Vegetarian dinner
- 21h00 : Practice of Night photography / or if weather doesn't allow Post processing class.
- 22h30 : End of the classes and night in private room.
- 07h00 : Vegetarian breakfast
- 08h00 : walk down to Minca village
- 08h45 : transportation in moto taxi to Marinka
- 09h30 : Practice of waterfall photography
- 10h30 : Refreshing Bath
- 11h30 : Transfer back to Minca
- 12h00 : Taxi back to Santa Marta
- Bring your Digital Camera
- Bring your cellphone : If you have some photos to show me I can make a lecture of your photos and give you some adivces.
- Bring a Tripode: Other element to photograph sunsets, stars or waterfalls is to have a good tripode. If you have one I highly recommend you to bring one. If not, tell me before and I can lend you one for the classes.
- Bring a neutral Filter: In order to take pictures of waterfalls, it is recommended to have a neutral grey density filter. In some conditions if lights is low, you still can manage to take good long exposure pictures,
- Bring a pair of tennis
- Bring mosquito reppellent
- Bring a rain cape
- Swimming suite
- a small backpack
- Transportation to and from Sant Marta / Minca
- Moto taxi from Minca to Mundo Nuevo
- Lunch, Dinner and breakfast
- Night in private room
- Moto taxi roundtrip to Marinka
- Entrance of Marinka Waterfall
- Classes with a proffessionnal photographer
- Consumption of extra drinks
- Expenses not specified in the program
180 USD / Pers
150 USD / Pers
140 USD / pers
Tailor made Adventure photography workshops tours and travel
Other workshops can be created in all the country. As you can read in my bio, I’ve been living in Colombia for more than 3 years now, and I’ve been working for an Adventure Travel Agency as a guide and creating tours in all the country. To create a custom photo tour in Colombia, there is behind a team of 30 professionals that would take in charge all the logistic. The passion and speciality is to get in wild and untouched places, so the ground is wide opened for all possibilities : Amazonas, Pacific Coast, Llanos, Andes, meeting with indigenous communities (Koguis, Emberas, Wayuus, Araras, Guambianos) and many more.
If you have a general inquiry please contact me here , it will be a pleasure to answer you as soon as possible, between 2 trips ! 😉
Want to receive news ?
I hope that you will enjoy these online photography courses. Don’t hesitate to share it with you friends on social medias !